Updated Nov 22, 2020
It’s me Brian. This page is intended to help keep us all informed, healthy, sane, and in business to help our clients during the covid-19 outbreak and response. Please feel free to call/text/email me any time 1-619-888-1825 or 1-619-337-0722 [email protected] with questions or concerns. We really appreciate your hard work!
Frequently asked questions:
How can I cope with stress during the pandemic?
First know that you are not alone. All of us have been affected by the pandemic. Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do to solve the problem immediately. However there are some things that we can do to cope. Here’s a few suggestions and resources.
- Talk to someone. Open up to your team members at work, your family, you friends.
- Exercise regularly. We get a lot at work but if you have a few days off work find a way to get moving.
- Get outside. Being socially distant responsible doesn’t mean staying indoors.
- Help someone else. Do you know someone who needs help? Helping them will reduce your stress and theirs.
- Avoid negative news reports and negative people. Focus on positive uplifting messages and people.
What is the California plan to lift the Stay-at-home order for non-critical workers and how do we (critical workers) get free child care
Tuesday April 14th the California governors office announced that a six step plan to lift the Stay-at-home order. California also announce $100 million dollars will be spent on free childcare for critical workers (that’s us). Also, the CISA has updated their list of critical workers and we got our own section!
Here’s a short video to explain:
And some useful links…
CA Governors six step plan to modify the Stay-at-home order: Click Here
How to apply for free child care as a critical worker: Click Here
The updated CISA list of critical workers: Click Here
How can I get my full schedule back now that covid-19 is slowing down?
The first week of the stay at home order saw a big decrease in business for most businesses in San Diego. We were affected too. However we’ve been increasing sales each week since. Now we’re up to 75% of pre-stay at home order. Watch this video to see how we’ve been affected and what we’re doing to get back to work.
Also here’s some resources to help you get back to a full schedule (if you’re not there already)
- Let the Marylou or the FSR team know if you want more hours (we’ll get them for you)
- Make sure to set up your clients next appointment at a time when you can return
- Ask other employees or family members if they can help with childcare
- Read positive information and take positive actions to reduce stress like this:
How do does the April 4th San Diego face covering ordinance affect us?
There’s a new health ordinance starting Saturday April 4th in San Diego. The ordinance compels employees in some businesses to wear a non medical grade face covering and ask all public to please wear them when outside the home. Here are the basic guidelines:
- Please wear a face covering when outside your home
- You can buy/use your own and we will reimburse you. It can be a simple mask, bandanna, or scarf like this:
- We will provide face coverings at the office (check with Marylou for availability).
Here is a link to the SD county health website.
Here is a link to a news report that describes the ordinance.
How do we use the “Simple Green D Pro 3” APC effectively?
Here’s a short video to explain:
Also keep in mind:
- Be safe. When in doubt reschedule the appointment with the client.
- Communicate with the client that we’ve changed our APC and may take a bit longer or leave streaks.
- Think efficiently ‘clean with your mind first’ . Don’t overclean it if it’s not dirty.
- Allow surfaces to stay damp or wet for up to 3 minutes.
- Since we are not “wiping dry” streaks may form. Double check for streaks during your final walk through and wipe with a DRY Microfiber cloth.
Here’s a link to the APC: LINK
and the SDS sheet: LINK
Will we keep working during the covid-19 response and California Stay at Home order?
Yes, we will follow the guidance we have received from the State of California that we have a “special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule.”
Here’s a video I posted about the order as well:
What can we do to protect ourselves from COVID-19?
The cdc recommends that we continue to wear gloves when cleaning and dispose of them afterwards.
We do not clean confirmed covid-19 cases/houses but here are some guidelines
We also want to follow the cdc recommendations (link here) such as…
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home:
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees:
- Perform routine environmental cleaning:
The best way is to wash our hands. Why?
How is covid-19 similar to or different from the normal flu (influenza)?
COVID-19: Approximately 286,932 cases worldwide; 19,624 cases in the U.S. as of Mar. 21, 2020.*
Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.
COVID-19: Approximately 11,906 deaths reported worldwide; 260 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 21, 2020.*
Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.
Full article here
What can we do to help clients?
Use “Simple Green D 3” APC rather than our normal APC until further notice.
Keep your scheduled appointments so that clients have a feeling of normalcy
It’s ok to talk about covid-19. It’s especially ok, and best, to talk about the positive aspects. Such as:
- It’s bringing what’s most important into clear focus (faith, family, friends, etc)
- It is temporary and our community will get through it.
- We’ll be better prepared next time.