San Diego Residential Cleaning Services Know When to Clean
San Diego residential cleaning services know that when it comes to keeping your home clean timing is everything. The frequency at which certain tasks are completed can go a long way in contributing to a well maintained home with minimal dirt and grime build up. The big question though is when should you be cleaning what? This cheat sheet will help you set a schedule for some of the areas of your home that may get forgotten.
- Various Window Treatments: Frequency: Monthly
- Take some time to vacuum window treatments, this would include curtains, blinds or screens. If you have blinds that are on the dirtier side you may want to remove them from the wall to clean them. You can take them outside and wash them with a soft brush and some soapy water. If your curtains needs a little extra attention you can throw them in the washer depending on the type of fabric.
- San Diego Residential cleaning services clean ceiling fans
- Cleaning your ceiling fans is not overly time consuming but it is very important in the battle against dust in your home. You may not always see dust on your fan but it is most likely still there. You can clean your fan easily by sliding an old pillow case over the bade. After you have finished dusting each blade you can throw the pillowcase in the washer and it will be ready to go for next time.
- Computer and Electronics
Frequency: Weekly or biweekly depending on use.
- Our electronics are some of the most used items in our life. Phones, computers, and tablets are in use constantly. Even though we would never forget to check our email or our Instagram we may forget to give these devices a good cleaning. They can easily become a breeding ground for dust and bacteria. The best defense against grime on your keyboard is a can of compressed air. When cleaning phones and tablets, never use harsh cleaning sprays and be sure to keep moisture away from the device.
- Rugs and Floor Mats
- No matter how strictly you may enforce a no shoe policy it is inevitable that dirt will make its way into your home. San Diego residential cleaning services are very aware of this. Be sure to take a look at any washing instruction on your rugs before you clean them to avoid damage. Typically you can vacuum your rugs and floor mats and then add them to your weekly laundry regimen.
- Small Appliances
- It is always a good idea to wipe down the exteriors of appliances like toasters, microwaves and coffee makers weekly. Taking the time to do a more thorough cleaning on a monthly basis can contribute to a longer life for your appliances. Make sure to follow manufactures instructions on cleaning the interior of appliances.
Frequency: Every 3 to 6 months
- Even though they are covered by a pillowcase pillows are not protected from all dirt and grime. Most pillows are machine washable. After following washing instructions put the pillow in a protective bag to prevent it from any stains or dust mites.
- Fan Vents
- Cleaning fan vents is often forgotten but very important. Allergens, dust and even pollen can build up causing air quality issues in the home. Take off the cover; Lightly vacuum the interior. Wipe down the exterior of the fan vent . Depending on the type of system in your home , you may want to consider hiring a professional to clean the duct work every few years.