How to Easily Clean Your Glass Shower Doors
Does your shower have glass doors and or walls? If so then you know that having glass doors in your shower can make an otherwise clean bathroom like dirty. And the truth of the matter is, cleaning glass doors and walls isn’t as easy as you would think. But with a little elbow grease and the right solution you can have those shower doors looking new in no time.
Cleaning glass shower doors & walls
The first thing you want to do when cleaning your glass shower door is gather your cleaning supplies. For this household chore, you’ll need an empty spray bottle, white cleaning vinegar, a cleaning sponge, baking soda, window cleaner, and a microfiber cloth. Once you’ve gathered all of these items you can follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Start by filling your empty spray bottle with 1 cup vinegar 1 cup water.
- Next wet down your glass shower doors and or walls.
- Now thoroughly spray the glass using your vinegar solution and use your sponge to scrub the surface.
- If the surface is really tough to clean, spray your sponge with your spray bottle and dip it in the baking soda before scrubbing to help remove some of the excess soap scum.
- Once you’ve successfully scrubbed off the soap scum you can rinse off the glass, spray it down with your window cleaner and dry it off using your microfiber cloth.
Keeping glass shower doors clean
Now that you’ve cleaned your glass shower doors you’re probably wondering how to keep them clean. Water spots and soap scum appear on glass surfaces when they dry there. In order to prevent this from happening you’ll want to stop water and or soap from drying on the glass. Below we’ve listed a few things you can do to keep your glass shower doors clean.
- Keep a squeegee in the shower to wipe down the glass after you shower.
- Keep a hydrophobic compound such as Clear Choice in the shower to help spray off the water spots.
- Install a water softener to help reduce mineral buildup.
Green Frog House Cleaning
Hiring a professional house cleaner may just be the thing you need to get your shower cleaning off on the right foot. If you think you might need some help cleaning your glass shower, contact us today to schedule a free service estimate.