Cleaning After the Holidays (2018 Holiday Cleanup Guide)
Step-by-step post-holiday cleanup routine
1. Look for anything left behind
When attempting a post-holiday cleanup alone, the first thing you want to do is look for anything that anyone may have left behind. This could be a toy or even a scarf or a hat. Go around and check all areas so that you can set these items aside (If there are any) and return them to their owner.
2. Examine the common area closely for any accidents
The next thing you’re going to do is check the common area or any areas where you had your guests and make sure there isn’t any spills or accidents that you weren’t aware of at the time they occurred.
Tips to help you keep a clean house during the holidays
Sometimes cleaning up after the holidays can be a huge pain. Consider these tips to help you keep a clean house during the holidays so post-holiday cleanup isn’t as bad:
- Place a plastic wrap over the rugs and carpet to avoid dirt and spills
- Buy disposable holiday serve ware so that you don’t have to worry about doing the dishes (you can even get recyclable wine glasses)
- Keep the children contained in one area in order to prevent accidents and stuff being misplaced
- Soak all the dishes you used for cooking in hot water and dish soap the night before you go to bed
Green Frog House Cleaning
Need extra help with your post-holiday cleanup? Contact us today to have a professional house cleaner help you.